Monday, August 27, 2007

Tradegate

Thomas Jefferson once said that, "All tyranny needs to gain a foothold is for people of good conscience to remain silent. " Well my fellow fantasy football blog bretheren I will remain silent no more.

A trade was proposed. A trade was accepted. A trade was approved by the league by majority vote. And then the traitor declared that "a" button (singular) was accidentally pushed.

Sure, "a button" was pushed, but how many pushes, clicks, or cursor blinks came to pass in this transaction before the final, fateful click? Is it possible for one single, solitary click of a button to select four separate players from one team, two from another, and then propose to trade said players? Perhaps...perhaps. Just like, perhaps a button was accidentally pushed by the Germans when their fleet of Kamakazi's bombed Pearl Harbor...perhaps...perhaps.

I will leave you all with a story told by my monsignor at that last supper holiday thing that us catholics celebrate (this is a verbatim quote): "And I am reminded, on this holy day, of the sad story of Kitty Genovese. As you all may remember, a long time ago, almost thirty years ago, this poor soul cried out for help time and time again, but no person answered her calls. Though many saw, no one so much as called the police. They all just watched as Kitty was being stabbed to death in broad daylight. They watched as her assailant walked away. Now, we must all fear evil men. But there is another kind of evil which we must fear most, and that is the indifference of good men. "

2 comments:

Capitol Punishment said...

I sent this email response to Bama Boys yesterday when he asked if I agreed with his last email in the chain. I think it is relevant to this post.

"Yeah. You even called me asking how to cancel the trade. Tell all those guys to stop all the whining. If I wanted to hear all this mindless chatter I would volunteer to go to bed, bath, and beyond with (Ms. Capitol Punishment) and her friends on every Sunday in the fall. Is this not a league of men? Did we draft football players or am I mistaken and we actually drafted ice dancers?"

J-Nice said...

Can Fred at least agree to use a dialing wand when making all fantasy related key strokes. That will prevent his fat fingers from getting in the way in the future.