Sunday, July 8, 2007

Little Stevie Storm Cloud



Little Stevie Storm Cloud was employed about a trash-talking blog for such work as he was built for, posting and pulling a few comments on and off the posts. One morning he was wondering how to respond to a post by Score a Homerun and so he asked the great j-Nice for help, but j-Nice said: "I can't; that is too much a pull for me." Then Little Stevie asked another blogger, and another, only to hear excuses and be refused. At last in desperation Little Stevie, the Little Storm Cloud that he was said to himself: "I think I can," and he set himself to thinking of a comeback all on his own. As he went on Little Stevie Storm Cloud kept bravely puffing faster and faster, "I think I can, I think I can, I think I can."

Then as his mental acquity was near the top of its limits, limits that could so easily come to the other bloggers if they had actually wanted to help Little Stevie, he went more slowly, but still kept saying, "I--think--I--can, I--think--I--can." He reached the top of his mental prowress by dint of brave effort and realized that his best come back would be to say he was going to tell his mom and post a picture of Score A Homerun. Congratulating himself he said, "I thought I could, I thought I could."


To think of hard things and say, "I can't" is sure to mean "Nothing done." To refuse to be daunted and insist on saying, "I think I can," is to make sure of being able to say triumphantly by and by, "I thought I could, I thought I could, and I told my mom."

4 comments:

Storm Cloud said...

Way to go.

And by the way, putting your picture in the title wasn't supposed to be an insult. I thought you would like it. I can take it down if it bothers you.

Storm Cloud said...

And I don't know what "pulling a few comments on and off the posts" means. I haven't deleted any comments or whatever off the site.

I'm sitting here trying to figure out if I've in some way offended you, or if you are just being a douche.

I just took the picture down (which wasn't offensive), and I'll delete the "Mutnick's mom" comment. I didn't think referencing her as someone we'd get on the flag football team was all that offensive. And I was also joking when I said I'd tell my mom on you. But I can delete that too if need be. jeez.

Any side comment I make gets a full post w/ pictures from you.

The Commissioner said...

National Weather Service out of Fort Worth just issued a thunderstorm warning for the Waco area.

said...

Trash-talking tally

Mutnick- 1
Garner- 0